Before you enter the outdoors, get familiar with the nine simple rules of the Norwegian mountain code to help you stay safe.
The national mountain codes:
1. Plan the hike ahead and report to someone where you are going.
2. Adjust the hike according to ability and conditions.
3. Take weather and avalanche conditions into consideration
4. Be prepared for bad and cold weather, even on short hikes
5. Bring necessary equipment in case of having to help yourself or other
6. Make safe route choices. Recognise terrain endangered for avalanches and unsure ice
7. Use map and a compass. Always know where you are.
8. Turn back in time. There is no shame in going back.
9. Save your energy levels, and seek shelter if necessary.
EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBERS:
110 Fire 112 Police 113 Ambulance 120 Mergency at sea