Hiking in the Norwegian mountains is a serious matter, and can be challenging even for the fittest among us. Therefore, it is important to be well prepared. Always bring the right equipment and enough food and drinks, and check the weather forecast before you set out. Happy hiking!
Top 10 practical hiking tips:
1. Wear sturdy footwear for hiking , such as mountain shoes
2. Wear wind and waterproof hiking clothing, and bring extra clothing in case of change in weather.
3. Bring along something to drink so that you do not risk dehydration.
4. Bring along snacks and food. You never know what could happen, and it is good to have some extra food in case of emergency.
5. Check out the weather conditions before going on a hike.
6. Get to know all the emergency telephone numbers in Norway.
7. Good physical condition is a plus when you plan to embark on a strenuous hike. Some of our most spectacular hikes are not for everyone.
8. Hiking with kids- choose the kid’s friendly hikes.
9. Get informed. Visit the tourist information when you have arrived at the destination. We can most likely answer most of your questions, and we would be happy to help.
10. Hiking on your own? It can be a beautiful thing to experience being alone and the one with nature, nevertheless, inform someone about where you are, when you plan to return, and how they can reach you if you don’t. During winter you might need a guide for some hikes.